Global Old Mu Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help, improvements, tutorials and tips on Global Old Mu Online

3 posters

suggestions to make the server more atractive

maxgun

suggestions to make the server more atractive Empty suggestions to make the server more atractive

Post by maxgun Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:07 pm

I i came here looking for a retro features mu online, like old global mu online from 2003 (maya/wingle servers) or something similar... I played here from 6 weeks ago... and I found some bugs or things that personally I dont like too much, I hope admins can hear some of my advises. I came from global mu online and I know what im talking about (issues that are killed the original MU)

1: multiclient: only 1 account per PC, or max 2 but no more, multiclient kills the integration between players, also creates gaps between who can conect many accounts (pc, internet speed etc) and who can t, also deals problems about ks, and farm at big scale creating disbalance in items market.
    2: pk: I like this features when mu helper is on you can t pk other or be killed, pk today its ok, dont change it.
    3: item drop list: this is very important point, actually item drop list and rate is ridiculous, normal items +4+5+6 nowhere drops..... by other hand, high lvl exe items drops alot in low lvl maps for this items, try to leave the acurate original drop list ussed by webzen from season 1 to season 10. If you need help check the guiamuonline.com or muonlinefanz.com there are all the item drop table list for all maps and mobs.
    4: golden invations: bosses and golden invations should be respawns at random times, this is to prevent someone from take over all bosses or golden mobs by himself..... democratize the game.
    5: Remove completally the elemental system, original mu online elemental system is bad, but our systems here is worse, no sesnse at all, pls remove it.
    6: fix exp and drop %... exp x1 from lvl 0 and drop rate x1 like old mu was is the rule.
    7: client season 8 doesn t have sense if we cant use the season 8 features (rf, summ, acheron removed)... is it better a season 2-6 client (personally I preffer a season 2 client, but season 6 its ok too). Also you can use some new skins from season 11/12/13 like new characters skins
    8: try to check that all skills works propoerlly (impale skill doesn t work and viasualy bugged, death stab is visualy bugged and range renfed.... forti buff doesn t work properly ....master lvl critical dmg dl buff doesnt work..... stun by reflect when ml bm uses a mace.... etc).
    9: you can use some season 12/13 features to balance the pvp, for example capt the reflect to 80% or max dd 70% (especially for SB).
    10: spots: leave the original spots, or you can increase in ONE mob the low spots to make them more atractives (don t touch original hot spots, hot spots are ok)
    11: most important, check the launcher, many ussers that are playing global mu online (webzen) have problems, both launchers interferes each other when they want to enter to old mu... GMO webzen works fine.
    12: webpage: Market section is missing, You can add some features like CS leader, some rankings (BC, CC, DS from 1 to 5, hero and pk counts)
    13: fix buggy square shine in some old items like brass set, vine pants, elven axe/shiend, plate helm... could be a simple idea, but belive me its nice to see a smooth an correct item look, leave good taste about the server, even in original GMO those items looks bad, could be nice to see them right for first time.

If you want to implement all my settings the best could be restart the server from 0 (all chars should be deleted, and restart from scratch).... well theses are my suggestion, I like other ex-webzen mu players wanna to play the original mu again, hardcore as it was.

Regards
    Fanatic

suggestions to make the server more atractive Empty Re: suggestions to make the server more atractive

Post by Fanatic Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:28 am

I agree with 95%. Overall a lot of good points.

I think client should be not older than S6, so we have in-game helper bot (which is very convenient).
    S8 can do fine too as long as there is no elemental stuff/Grow Lancer etc.

Depending on server population if it grows decently big there will be need to customise more good spots so that players have more variety for where to level. This needs to be done in order to keep the whole server on one channel only and I think single channel is better for player interaction.

About PK, im thinking the current system is too passive. Click the arrow and you are invincible. Drama and competition makes the server interesting, promotes team formation, rivalry and hence in my view growth. I would keep pk system standard, maybe add extra guards on lower lvl maps to overcome potential abuse vs low levels.

There needs to be a beta to test these things to perfection if the admin decides to revive oldmuonline.
    maxgun

suggestions to make the server more atractive Empty Re: suggestions to make the server more atractive

Post by maxgun Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:37 pm

classic pk system could work fine ONLY if we have a single client (Ireally like the single client feature)..... in mu online (webzen) we had a huge problem when multiclient was relased and pk features were active, result; alot of small groups organized own by themselves all bosses and best spots placing alot of anonymous pk with full pvp build+items + full support impossible to deal for normal pvm-pve players who does not had the posibility to connect his main account + pk (name unknown) account+2 accounts for support.... we need more drama i agree... but we dont have to create a tool that facilites abuses from a small group for control game features and market ...... if you learn about the webzen experience, classic pk system were changed few month after multiclient feature were introduced (season 6 ep2/3)... the reason is simple, large number of user complaints.... not to mention that from that moment, many people stopped playing (free/semi free players, arround 2/3 mu online total population disapear forever).....look at you, how bad things did, that even after changes made, the game never recovered a small fraction of the lost players following the introduction of the multiclient / pk system change (and op RF)
    Classic pk system works fine only with a single client
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:14 am

Im thinking in the context of 2 account limit, maybe with offtrade active for market chars. Classic pk system would work fine. 

Yeah Ive played during that time when kundun on pvp server was more of a pvp event than devias gate and support chars were invincible while being in a guild war against each other lol. 7-8 accs all run by one-two chinese farmers lol

But yeah this is more of a account limit issue than pk system issue.
    EllisonSouza
    Admin

Post by EllisonSouza Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:17 am

Hello, some of your observations are being made, and I particularly do not like the multi-account system, especially for a difficult server, for me it would be 1 account per ip! but this would prevent people from playing for lanhause's

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:56 pm