Global Old Mu Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help, improvements, tutorials and tips on Global Old Mu Online

3 posters

Event 001

EllisonSouza
    Admin

Event    001   Empty Event 001

Post by EllisonSouza Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:01 am

I would like tips for events so that we can bring more players, and I make it clear that we are working on the changes you have mentioned!
    Fanatic

Event    001   Empty Re: Event 001

Post by Fanatic Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Chaos castle should drop ancient at like 10-15% chance, depending on CC level. Should be good incentive to go there.

Blood castle could for example give double exp for participants. Upon victory u could get a random jewel (not only chaos as usual). At highest levels of BC (BC6 from lvl 300 and BC7 from lvl400) there could be 10-20% chance to drop a bundle of jewels for victory.

Devil square could have double drop rate. At highest lvls of DS (DS 6 and 7) there could be a small chance to drop ancients(very small, i've seen this done on one successful nonreset private server) or good chance of fenrir pieces (fragments and splinters).

Nightmare event should be fine with normal gmo-like settings. Excellent item drop chance (20%?) per every boss. Moonstone pendant should be fairly rare drop, like maybe 2 per 24h (similar to lochs feather) 

Selupan should drop socket items like on global. Dark Iron knights/Kundun should have chance to drop 380 weapons. Kundun should also drop ancient of course. Medusa should drop exces/sockets/ancients and maybe 380 weps also like kundun. (btw remember that ideally the % chance for those to be +S and +L should be low and +S+L should be epic low) Maybe medusa and kundun should drop small chance condor flame (not feather).

Golden invasion should be at least 4 times a day, every 6 hours +- so all time zones are happy. Dont make any timer for them to disappear. This event should be configured depending on how many players play on average. For 10 players playing active even 2 golden mobs per map is a lot. Best i think for BOK to not drop any +L exces and to maybe make it drop 50% good zen amount, 40% jewel, 10% exce so as not to inflate the market with exces (imagine 10 golden mob types, 2 each, 4 times a day, thats 80 exces per day which is too much for the market)

Red dragon invasions were very fun on 1st version of global old mu. Once/twice a day with only bless/soul dropping from each. One town, 3 spawns, 2-3 dragons each spawn, 3 waves.

White wizard could invade 6 times a day in 2 random cities out of 3. Always drops a bless when killed.

Happy hour is an interesting feature. It could be extra drop rate hour (300% for example) or extra xp hour (200%) depending on which day it is. Or maybe make one day a week when special hour gives +5% chaos machine success rate Smile)

Castle siege is the most important event. It is vital to limit alliances to single guilds only and have 20-30 ppl max each guild until there are more players. Otherwise there will be no competition. Competition is what makes the game fun and the players desire to grow and improve. Should be 1 hour long every week, ideally saturday. Lord mix should give medium(higher chance)(starting from black dragon/grand soul/divine/SOD/DS staff/Saint crossbow)-top tier(lower chance)(great dragon/dark soul/red spirit/KB/Platina/AVB) excellent items with up to 4 excellent opts, this after all is lord mix, prize should be unique.

Balgass should be also on weekend, maybe on friday or sunday. Should reward lot holders with extra drop(something not very big like +10%) and whole server also (maybe lower all mob hp by 5-10% or
    +5-10% exp)

Some casual GM events, like trivia, hide n seek, bring me x y z are always nice to have. Seasonal drop events(like valentines day chocolate boxes) or mob spawn events (like easter bunnies spawn).

Could do a monthly pvp strongest event with a sign up through facebook and a random shuffled board. Each person plays 4 games, depending on result he either gets out of group or not. Then go quarter finals/semi finals/finals. Winner gets a golden fenrir with a time limit for the month until next tournament for example or some other identical prize.

In all this just remember to not make drops/reward OP in any event. It is important to conserve the market value for items. It's one of the drivers of a healthy server. Sometimes its better to try an event with a smaller reward, see how it goes and then change it to higher, than other way around.
    EllisonSouza
    Admin

Post by EllisonSouza Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:13 am

Fanatic wrote:Chaos castle should drop ancient at like 10-15% chance, depending on CC level. Should be good incentive to go there.

Blood castle could for example give double exp for participants. Upon victory u could get a random jewel (not only chaos as usual). At highest levels of BC (BC6 from lvl 300 and BC7 from lvl400) there could be 10-20% chance to drop a bundle of jewels for victory.

Devil square could have double drop rate. At highest lvls of DS (DS 6 and 7) there could be a small chance to drop ancients(very small, i've seen this done on one successful nonreset private server) or good chance of fenrir pieces (fragments and splinters).

Nightmare event should be fine with normal gmo-like settings. Excellent item drop chance (20%?) per every boss. Moonstone pendant should be fairly rare drop, like maybe 2 per 24h (similar to lochs feather) 

Selupan should drop socket items like on global. Dark Iron knights/Kundun should have chance to drop 380 weapons. Kundun should also drop ancient of course. Medusa should drop exces/sockets/ancients and maybe 380 weps also like kundun. (btw remember that ideally the % chance for those to be +S and +L should be low and +S+L should be epic low) Maybe medusa and kundun should drop small chance condor flame (not feather).

Golden invasion should be at least 4 times a day, every 6 hours +- so all time zones are happy. Dont make any timer for them to disappear. This event should be configured depending on how many players play on average. For 10 players playing active even 2 golden mobs per map is a lot. Best i think for BOK to not drop any +L exces and to maybe make it drop 50% good zen amount, 40% jewel, 10% exce so as not to inflate the market with exces (imagine 10 golden mob types, 2 each, 4 times a day, thats 80 exces per day which is too much for the market)

Red dragon invasions were very fun on 1st version of global old mu. Once/twice a day with only bless/soul dropping from each. One town, 3 spawns, 2-3 dragons each spawn, 3 waves.

White wizard could invade 6 times a day in 2 random cities out of 3. Always drops a bless when killed.

Happy hour is an interesting feature. It could be extra drop rate hour (300% for example) or extra xp hour (200%) depending on which day it is. Or maybe make one day a week when special hour gives +5% chaos machine success rate Smile)

Castle siege is the most important event. It is vital to limit alliances to single guilds only and have 20-30 ppl max each guild until there are more players. Otherwise there will be no competition. Competition is what makes the game fun and the players desire to grow and improve. Should be 1 hour long every week, ideally saturday. Lord mix should give medium(higher chance)(starting from black dragon/grand soul/divine/SOD/DS staff/Saint crossbow)-top tier(lower chance)(great dragon/dark soul/red spirit/KB/Platina/AVB) excellent items with up to 4 excellent opts, this after all is lord mix, prize should be unique.

Balgass should be also on weekend, maybe on friday or sunday. Should reward lot holders with extra drop(something not very big like +10%) and whole server also (maybe lower all mob hp by 5-10% or
    +5-10% exp)

Some casual GM events, like trivia, hide n seek, bring me x y z are always nice to have. Seasonal drop events(like valentines day chocolate boxes) or mob spawn events (like easter bunnies spawn).

Could do a monthly pvp strongest event with a sign up through facebook and a random shuffled board. Each person plays 4 games, depending on result he either gets out of group or not. Then go quarter finals/semi finals/finals. Winner gets a golden fenrir with a time limit for the month until next tournament for example or some other identical prize.

In all this just remember to not make drops/reward OP in any event. It is important to conserve the market value for items. It's one of the drivers of a healthy server. Sometimes its better to try an event with a smaller reward, see how it goes and then change it to higher, than other way around.

Hi Fanatic, thank you very much for all these event tips, I get very excited about working on the server when I see people who really like this server, I liked all your ideas, I'll try to get them up and running this week, maybe I can not do all but the ones I do I will inform! Thank you for everything and keep sending your ideas, they are very good, Thank you!
    maxgun

Post by maxgun Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:04 pm

good tips, 100% agree ;D

Items from lord mix should be unique, soo nowhere else should be able to get xDP xGS xSACRED xSOD xGS STAFF etc
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:14 am

maxgun wrote:good tips, 100% agree ;D

Items from lord mix should be unique, soo nowhere else should be able to get xDP xGS xSACRED xSOD xGS STAFF etc
    By uniqueness from Lord Mix I meant up to 4 options on the items possibility such as +dd+hp+zen+ref for example. xSacred shouldnt drop at all if there are no RFs (RFs are very unbalanced and ruin old mu gameplay, Im sure many can agree on that)
    maxgun

Post by maxgun Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Fanatic wrote:
    maxgun wrote:good tips, 100% agree ;D

By uniqueness from Lord Mix I meant up to 4 options on the items possibility such as +dd+hp+zen+ref for example. xSacred shouldnt drop at all if there are no RFs (RFs are very unbalanced and ruin old mu gameplay, Im sure many can agree on that)

I mean xsacred spirit (muse elf set..... in old seasons I think it called divine)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:53 am