Global Old Mu Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help, improvements, tutorials and tips on Global Old Mu Online

5 posters

Suggestions

Fanatic

Suggestions Empty Suggestions

Post by Fanatic Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:06 pm

Hello, I want to share my view on what should be done to stimulate server popularity, growth and overall enjoyment.

I have played mu since like 2004(correct me if i'm wrong, when atlans was released) Global mu, the way it was, hooked me up so hard that here I am 14 years later still enjoying the game. I have played for many years, both f2p and p2w, on global and privates, had a few breaks here and there. I played first oldmuonline.com server a few years ago (IGN: Fanatic) and had fun while it lasted. I've attempted to play this server edition, but it just doesnt give me the shivers for a few reasons. It grinds my gears because I see huge potential which for some reason isn't used.

Today I logged on and asked a few players online: "How is the server?". From the chat I understood that the core issue is lack of players. High playerbase - this is what most servers struggle to achieve. The right ideology of the server (p2w balance, balanced rates, solid event settings, challenge) high level of ingame enjoyment (competitiveness, ability to grow while afk, rewards for playing active), server stability(antihack, hardware stability, no disconnects) and advertising( forums, website banners). Those factors work in a loop. You can have excellent server stability, well placed advertisements, but overly p2w settings or inability to afk will make the players leave as fast as they arrived. With loads and loads of servers with various unique and custom settings, reset and non reset, with different value systems, pvp oriented and not, stat reset and non reset one can get lost in the variety. What is not very well represented are truly oldschool, hard and grindy servers. I think this is the ideology that fits the name of this server and should be fostered. This should be the server where u go for a hunt with full inventory of pots and a few friends in the evening on a map above ,hoping to drop a skill scroll or a normal item+L, spend two hours dying for some dark phoenix armor+0+L and an orb of multi shot ^^ This should be the server where growing beyond and completing 2nd quest means dedication and hard work. And castle siege being the ultimate battleground separating the men from the boys, pushing the players to work together, to advance and grow stronger. And all this without crazy p2w disparity, which ruined original global. I imagine many would support this vision.

What i think is good right now: 

• I like how there are some quality of life improvements over the real oldmu, such as: Store system and ingame bot. Many would say that ingame bot is not oldschool, but lets be honest, afk is a big part of mu gameplay and there were and always will be bots and clickers even if they are not ingame, they are just potentially much more uncomfortable, stupid, cpu consuming and could have malware along. 
    • Also i like how there is no rage fighter and grow lancer. Summoner could be in game, it is a balanced character to my knowledge.
    • The server stability seems good, pots sell instantly and movements are smooth.

What i think should be changed: 

• Exp should be exactly x1 from level 50, when players can more or less safely afk on mu helper. 
    • Elemental system must be removed asap, it is just really really bad, even worse than the original global. Even balancing wouldn't help, it just doesn't fit the ideology.
    • 2 or 3 accounts per IP is the way to go. I would try test with 2 at server start, since its easier for players to go from 2 to 3 than from 3 to 2. The party exp system should work regardless of composition. The more players the more exp, this is to make players work together for shared benefit even on afk level. Enabling /offtrade might be a good idea. Store characters mainly only stand in safe zones. This way there will be plenty of afk trade going on, which is important and will not force people to only play 1 char active (which is not enough imo)
    • Have only 1 server channel, pvp. Under no circumstance make special rooms a.k.a gold channels. Spots should be customised, since there will only be one dev3 HS, one bull room etc. The more players (and thats what we want) the more good spots will be needed. To tackle low level player harassment, low maps should have extra guards placed around the map to kill PKs. There can be 1-2 maps with disabled pvp, for example kalima2 and 6 but with x0.7 exp and same proportion of normal drop rate.
    • Drop rate is interesting. On one side, everything should be hard to get, +L on a normal item with a 15% chance, on an excellent 10% chance, 1-2 exc items per full day afk. Same for ancients on LOT. 3-4 jewels per day. On the other hand it could be interesting to have decent jewel drop, but very rare base item drop. Right now same type exc items drop in the same places as normal items, this setting should be global like, around 15 mob levels higher to drop the excellent type of the item.
    • Summoner can be added along with elveland?
    • How would a server attract donations to upkeep? Important point here. As long as there are no rare tickets, no gold channels, no stat enhancement scrolls that make pvp into p2p only activities it should be ok. Sell extended inventory for donations, sell extended inventory for donations, sell event tickets like bc/ds/gaion for donations, sell 10% talisman of luck for donations, sell an exp seal with a 20% exp bonus(x1 > x1.20) and a drop seal with a 50% drop bonus (x1 > x1.5). You do not need those seals to give 100% boosts, Ive seen servers use low bonuses quite successfully. Players who enjoy themselves and can afford the bonuses will buy them nevertheless. Make the prices reasonable. You want ideally for one character to run on both seals for 20$ for a month. Its better to have 30 players pay 20$ than 10 players pay 50$ in terms of both balance and server financial health.
    • This might be unpopular opinion among the current comminity, but i really do think server needs a restart, with some beta tests (with consecutive rewards on opening), pre-opening advertising and a grand opening countdown. When this edition of the server opened there was zero news about it and yet i saw so many players first few days, imagine that you add some promotions. You can keep the current server running and just make a side along new one. Whoever wants to play this one can stay. That's how private servers normally operate.
    • No Moss the gambler.
    • No pandora mining.
    • Disable alliances. Only solo guilds, so sooner than later there will be 2 groups of people to compete for first castle siege. Otherwise u will have 60 people in one alliance and no castle siege activity.Depending on player numbers, if the server grows this can get changed into 2-guild max alliances.

I cant say anything about the ingame events, havent done the research yet, but those can be configured much later, as long as they arent brokenly rewarding.

Just some suggestions I felt like sharing. I'd play the juice out of such server ^_^
    EllisonSouza
    Admin

Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions

Post by EllisonSouza Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:58 pm

Hello Fanatic, first I want to thank you for the time you have spent sending us your observations, some things that need to be changed immediately, I am trying to form a team of advice so that we can grow together, I would just like to highlight that the special room was thinking in a value between 2 - 5 dollars per month, something very accessible, I will study your observations with more calm and we will implant some, I only hope that more players can give the opniao, so that we can do something legal for all! Thank you for playing Global Old Mu Online
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:16 am

Currently I'm not playing, waiting for improvement, I know many players from first old mu that think the same.

That sounds very accessible price, but why make a room? You are splitting a small enough community into even smaller parts. Server needs interaction and drama to increase player enjoyment and grow. Make the seals at that price with that bonus and all good. Or account VIP status. Remember to keep the p2p bonuses low or server will become p2w.
    EllisonSouza
    Admin

Post by EllisonSouza Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:27 am

Fanatic wrote:Currently I'm not playing, waiting for improvement, I know many players from first old mu that think the same.

That sounds very accessible price, but why make a room? You are splitting a small enough community into even smaller parts. Server needs interaction and drama to increase player enjoyment and grow. Make the seals at that price with that bonus and all good. Or account VIP status. Remember to keep the p2p bonuses low or server will become p2w.

Exactly what I thought, you still have the option to give these bonuses for special accounts playing in the same room, if the server grows, I can reopen the special room
    EllisonSouza
    Admin

Post by EllisonSouza Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Fanatic wrote:Hello, I want to share my view on what should be done to stimulate server popularity, growth and overall enjoyment.

I have played mu since like 2004(correct me if i'm wrong, when atlans was released) Global mu, the way it was, hooked me up so hard that here I am 14 years later still enjoying the game. I have played for many years, both f2p and p2w, on global and privates, had a few breaks here and there. I played first oldmuonline.com server a few years ago (IGN: Fanatic) and had fun while it lasted. I've attempted to play this server edition, but it just doesnt give me the shivers for a few reasons. It grinds my gears because I see huge potential which for some reason isn't used.

Today I logged on and asked a few players online: "How is the server?". From the chat I understood that the core issue is lack of players. High playerbase - this is what most servers struggle to achieve. The right ideology of the server (p2w balance, balanced rates, solid event settings, challenge) high level of ingame enjoyment (competitiveness, ability to grow while afk, rewards for playing active), server stability(antihack, hardware stability, no disconnects) and advertising( forums, website banners). Those factors work in a loop. You can have excellent server stability, well placed advertisements, but overly p2w settings or inability to afk will make the players leave as fast as they arrived. With loads and loads of servers with various unique and custom settings, reset and non reset, with different value systems, pvp oriented and not, stat reset and non reset one can get lost in the variety. What is not very well represented are truly oldschool, hard and grindy servers. I think this is the ideology that fits the name of this server and should be fostered. This should be the server where u go for a hunt with full inventory of pots and a few friends in the evening on a map above ,hoping to drop a skill scroll or a normal item+L, spend two hours dying for some dark phoenix armor+0+L and an orb of multi shot ^^ This should be the server where growing beyond and completing 2nd quest means dedication and hard work. And castle siege being the ultimate battleground separating the men from the boys, pushing the players to work together, to advance and grow stronger. And all this without crazy p2w disparity, which ruined original global. I imagine many would support this vision.

What i think is good right now: 

• I like how there are some quality of life improvements over the real oldmu, such as: Store system and ingame bot. Many would say that ingame bot is not oldschool, but lets be honest, afk is a big part of mu gameplay and there were and always will be bots and clickers even if they are not ingame, they are just potentially much more uncomfortable, stupid, cpu consuming and could have malware along. 
    • Also i like how there is no rage fighter and grow lancer. Summoner could be in game, it is a balanced character to my knowledge.
    • The server stability seems good, pots sell instantly and movements are smooth.

What i think should be changed: 

• Exp should be exactly x1 from level 50, when players can more or less safely afk on mu helper. 
    • Elemental system must be removed asap, it is just really really bad, even worse than the original global. Even balancing wouldn't help, it just doesn't fit the ideology.
    • 2 or 3 accounts per IP is the way to go. I would try test with 2 at server start, since its easier for players to go from 2 to 3 than from 3 to 2. The party exp system should work regardless of composition. The more players the more exp, this is to make players work together for shared benefit even on afk level. Enabling /offtrade might be a good idea. Store characters mainly only stand in safe zones. This way there will be plenty of afk trade going on, which is important and will not force people to only play 1 char active (which is not enough imo)
    • Have only 1 server channel, pvp. Under no circumstance make special rooms a.k.a gold channels. Spots should be customised, since there will only be one dev3 HS, one bull room etc. The more players (and thats what we want) the more good spots will be needed. To tackle low level player harassment, low maps should have extra guards placed around the map to kill PKs. There can be 1-2 maps with disabled pvp, for example kalima2 and 6 but with x0.7 exp and same proportion of normal drop rate.
    • Drop rate is interesting. On one side, everything should be hard to get, +L on a normal item with a 15% chance, on an excellent 10% chance, 1-2 exc items per full day afk. Same for ancients on LOT. 3-4 jewels per day. On the other hand it could be interesting to have decent jewel drop, but very rare base item drop. Right now same type exc items drop in the same places as normal items, this setting should be global like, around 15 mob levels higher to drop the excellent type of the item.
    • Summoner can be added along with elveland?
    • How would a server attract donations to upkeep? Important point here. As long as there are no rare tickets, no gold channels, no stat enhancement scrolls that make pvp into p2p only activities it should be ok. Sell extended inventory for donations, sell extended inventory for donations, sell event tickets like bc/ds/gaion for donations, sell 10% talisman of luck for donations, sell an exp seal with a 20% exp bonus(x1 > x1.20) and a drop seal with a 50% drop bonus (x1 > x1.5). You do not need those seals to give 100% boosts, Ive seen servers use low bonuses quite successfully. Players who enjoy themselves and can afford the bonuses will buy them nevertheless. Make the prices reasonable. You want ideally for one character to run on both seals for 20$ for a month. Its better to have 30 players pay 20$ than 10 players pay 50$ in terms of both balance and server financial health.
    • This might be unpopular opinion among the current comminity, but i really do think server needs a restart, with some beta tests (with consecutive rewards on opening), pre-opening advertising and a grand opening countdown. When this edition of the server opened there was zero news about it and yet i saw so many players first few days, imagine that you add some promotions. You can keep the current server running and just make a side along new one. Whoever wants to play this one can stay. That's how private servers normally operate.
    • No Moss the gambler.
    • No pandora mining.
    • Disable alliances. Only solo guilds, so sooner than later there will be 2 groups of people to compete for first castle siege. Otherwise u will have 60 people in one alliance and no castle siege activity.Depending on player numbers, if the server grows this can get changed into 2-guild max alliances.

I cant say anything about the ingame events, havent done the research yet, but those can be configured much later, as long as they arent brokenly rewarding.

Just some suggestions I felt like sharing. I'd play the juice out of such server ^_^

What would be the decent value for the jewelry drop?

Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:09 pm

Obvious is to make everything low drop, BUT keeping in mind that it is difficult to get 200+ players, hence there wont be much overall jewel gathering done by all the players together, i think it would make sense to make jewel drop quite decent, while keeping item drop hard and low (such as ancient at lot/cc, excellent, items+S+L and +opt+L, socket items). This way players would have incentive to hunt higher lvl items and have enough jewels to trade and upgrade them.

As of now I cannot say if the current drop rate is high or low, would need some data from players, like how much jewels they get per day farming a spot. I assume around 15 jewels(b/s/c/jol/joc) a day afk on a hotspot should be decent? Chaos should drop a little more rare or it will be worthless and jol should start dropping starting from like kanturu so as to avoid early and easy 2nd wing making. Loch feather must be hard to get, like 2 feathers per day afk on spot. Crest should drop like feather also to keep value of capes. I've seen servers make crest drop only in icarus also. It was an interesting decision.

Ideally these things should be tested on an open/closed beta. And also ideally more players should share their opinions here.
    Teranu

Post by Teranu Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:37 pm

Thank you Fanatic for your post. Encouraged me to register on forum too.

I have never seen a +4 item drop. Consider restoring the default item drop setting, but with lower drop rate. The exe drop is sky rocketing. So much that my 3 chars inventory are filled up in 4-6 hours. That's too much. Also no excellent item drop with luck or +add, and that should be mandatory.

The elemental system is interesting, but keeps my party at 150 lvl in bull room. Can't move to LT3 cus a elemental cursed wizard would kill me. Either remove it from monsters, or at least lower the monster elemental damage to half.

I'm low level, and haven't made it through to Losttower yet or above. I'll keep this updated.
    maxgun

Post by maxgun Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:28 pm

good suggestions, if admins will listen yours and mine suggestions server could be perfect and atractive for nostalgic players (there are alot arround since GMO turns in a modern p2w game).

could be nice to make a open beta with more exp and rate to test all game features

I think the best way to bring players is make the old maps normal items and mobs atractive for them, for example fixing visual bugs on old items like elven axes/shiend vine pants brass set, and give them the posibility to improve lvl and set around his journey..... an error made by webzen as burn low lvl experience by boost exp to be 400 in short time, it kills a good part of the game (experience, maps items, progress etc) and make the players feel that the game starts at lvl 400-500-600 .... pls dont make the same mistake
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:40 am

@Teranu 

World exce drop should be much much lower and yeh +opt/+Luck exces should drop from world mobs(+L at a low rate though 10-15%)

Elemental system is one of those bad things that webzen did to the game alongside with the introduction of rare tickets, gold channels and OP characters like RF. If we stand by the global old mu idea, elemental system should not exist. Just my IMO.

@maxgun

Agree with everything said. Indeed the journey to 400 is very fun and it should take effort and time to get there.
    johnydepp

Post by johnydepp Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:50 am

1) Lower % for excelent drop
    2) Bigger % for excelent+luck from Golden Troops
    3) Bigger % for jewels drop
    4) IP/ but better MAC Adress (if possible) restriction for max 2 MU windows
    5) Feather % drop seems to be ok (2 feather / day afk  - spent ~ 6 days in icarus Queen Rainer =11 feathers)
    6) Lower % of Crest of Monarch drop (4 characters need feathers and only 1 crest)
    7) Rework Quest system, if i'm not wrong , present system ends when starting quest in elbeland but here is no elbeland map Sad .
       Also need better rewards for doing quest and perhaps a longer list of quests.
       Here is an example -  

Kill 50 Assassin in Devias [Reward: 3 Jewel of Bless]
    Kill 150 Elite Yeti in Devias [Reward: 3 Gold Medal]
    Kill 50 Ice Queen in Devias [Reward: 5 Jewel of Soul]
    Kill 175 Bahamut in Atlans [Reward: 5 Gold Medal]
    Kill 185 Vepar in Atlans [Reward: 5 Jewel of Bless]
    Kill 175 Valkyries in Atlans [Reward: 3 Jewel of Life]
    Kill 100 Shadow in LostTower1 [Reward: 3 Jewel of Creation]
    Kill 150 Death Cow in LostTower3 [Reward: 7 Jewel of Chaos]
    8 ) Ancient drop 100% drop rate in Chaos Castle 6, 80% CC 5, 60% CC 4, 40% CC3, 20% CC 2,
       10 % CC 1. I suggest removing some unnecessary ancient items from ancient drop- like gywen
       pendant and bow and low sets like warior,vine etc.
    9) New Jewels : jewels of mystical - grow lvl of jewerly, jewel of excelent - add an exelent option.
       Excelent should have max 2 options ! (important for balance)
    10) Remove elemental system - really very hard to balance and we don't event figured where are the
         bosses from where they drop ( i mean every elemental like fire,wind +5+...) !
    11) Every spot boss (like in vulcanus map) should have a different "skin" so we can see difference
         between regular mobs and the boss.
    12) Chaos DROP- (perhaps) must be lower but in this case
         Event rewards that require ticket made with chaos should be worthy of spending one chaos, and i
         am not talking only about higher EXP in Devil Square/Blood Castle but also a reward for finishing
         the quest - like an ancient item for example or slight% for bundle jewels +10 (something like
         that). Take in consideration that with only 1 or 2 characters you dont kill so much monster and
         gain so much EXP so there should be some kind of MOTIVATION to go in DS/BC !
    13) If it's possible can you manage to add some old MU interfaces like season 2,3 ?
    14) In "Patch Notes" section on website it is written "Added a new feature - the Gold Coins system:
         Your account receives 1 Gold Coin for each 10 levels" and others ... Why this and others features
         doesn't work?
         Also a vote system to popularise the server should be added - reward for voting - coins.
    to be continued...
    maxgun

Post by maxgun Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:59 pm

johonydeep i agree in most points exept in add new jewels.... we dont need more jewels, and crap ancient items are usefull for seeds and wings lvl3 creations.... also for some builds sets like warrior or drake vine etc are usefull .... i think better use mac adress for limit to 1 or 2 clients (better just 1 client)
    other good point could be use season 2 interface from lvl 1 to 400 and season 3 interface from 400 onwards
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:20 am

johnydepp wrote:1) Lower % for excelent drop
    2) Bigger % for excelent+luck from Golden Troops
    3) Bigger % for jewels drop
    4) IP/ but better MAC Adress (if possible) restriction for max 2 MU windows
    5) Feather % drop seems to be ok (2 feather / day afk  - spent ~ 6 days in icarus Queen Rainer =11 feathers)
    6) Lower % of Crest of Monarch drop (4 characters need feathers and only 1 crest)
    7) Rework Quest system, if i'm not wrong , present system ends when starting quest in elbeland but here is no elbeland map Sad .
       Also need better rewards for doing quest and perhaps a longer list of quests.
       Here is an example -  

8 ) Ancient drop 100% drop rate in Chaos Castle 6, 80% CC 5, 60% CC 4, 40% CC3, 20% CC 2,
       10 % CC 1. I suggest removing some unnecessary ancient items from ancient drop- like gywen
       pendant and bow and low sets like warior,vine etc.
    9) New Jewels : jewels of mystical - grow lvl of jewerly, jewel of excelent - add an exelent option.
       Excelent should have max 2 options ! (important for balance)
    10) Remove elemental system - really very hard to balance and we don't event figured where are the
         bosses from where they drop ( i mean every elemental like fire,wind +5+...) !
    11) Every spot boss (like in vulcanus map) should have a different "skin" so we can see difference
         between regular mobs and the boss.
    12) Chaos DROP- (perhaps) must be lower but in this case
         Event rewards that require ticket made with chaos should be worthy of spending one chaos, and i
         am not talking only about higher EXP in Devil Square/Blood Castle but also a reward for finishing
         the quest - like an ancient item for example or slight% for bundle jewels +10 (something like
         that). Take in consideration that with only 1 or 2 characters you dont kill so much monster and
         gain so much EXP so there should be some kind of MOTIVATION to go in DS/BC !
    13) If it's possible can you manage to add some old MU interfaces like season 2,3 ?
    14) In "Patch Notes" section on website it is written "Added a new feature - the Gold Coins system:
         Your account receives 1 Gold Coin for each 10 levels" and others ... Why this and others features
         doesn't work?
         Also a vote system to popularise the server should be added - reward for voting - coins.
    to be continued...
    Bigger % +Luck from golden mobs is a bad move. Ideally box of kundun shouldnt drop +L at all. 100% ancient in CC6? ))))  10-15% max chance, still worthy to go there. Game must be hard!
    johnydepp

Post by johnydepp Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:58 am

%fanatic.
    With current settings (1 hour- full inventory of exc on spot) golds doesnt have any value so either remove this big% exc drop on spot, or put exc+luck in boxes; Also i don't like current 10 minutes time to kill gold...
    worthy 10 minutes for jewel of creation? or 10-15% chance to get an apollo staff ?
    to make a complete  top ancient set is almost impossible right now without Land of Trials. On other hand, the game is full of excelent set with different options. Ancient sets gives more diversity : different stat built, less defense, bigger damage ; also very useful to make feather for wings 3.
    %maxgun.
    ok , i'm not a big fan of new jewels so i can survive without them))
    but CC drop ancient rate should be definetely bigger.
    crap ancient gives low % rate to make feather.
    +
    it is not so easy to win CC - try for yourself.
    i was with SM wings 11 luck ignore lvl 299, staff dragon soul +4 + exe dmg , GS set full dsr+7, from 10 attempts only 6 times won , nothing good drops and 10+ minutes lost each time. With BK is impossible to win CC(if solo).
    johnydepp

Post by johnydepp Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:30 am

Also i would like to know - will be a full restart or no ?
    should i continue to play with current char or wait for soon restart?
    p.s.
    15) Better if events like Golden Invasion will be at random time but not completely random : something lile between 03:00-04:00 , so this hour more people stay online and trade items, jwls etc. When main bosses appears or are killer there should be a notice for everybody to PVP at bosses.
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:03 pm

@johnydepp

Im not talking about current settings, I understand what you are talking about. I meant on ideal good settings based on all our suggestions including nerfing down the exc drop rate. Game must be hard.

Fine, we can make it 20% ancient chance Smile Its a super fun event, rewarding plenty of jewels(b/s), definitely not a waste of 10 minutes. As long as u have defence to survive ur level of CC, its very manageable to win it solo. Only char who is hard to win with is vitality RF lol. As a BK u should use strike of destruction to clear mobs from a distance. Just dont hurry and always keep in mind the possibility of wrong mob perceptive position.

I just think game should be hard. About restart, server rly needs it, but with a prior beta test with set plan of changes and settings.

Btw u mentioned gywen bow to be bad, it is the best item alongside with hyon LS to make condor feather. Gywen pend i agree is useless. Apollo staff has its use for asm who wants to maximise his stats, alongside sylion set etc Smile Also those low ancients are absolutely perfect to make seeds, and seeds make a big part of the endgame.
    johnydepp

Post by johnydepp Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Fanatic wrote:@johnydepp

Im not talking about current settings, I understand what you are talking about. I meant on ideal good settings based on all our suggestions including nerfing down the exc drop rate. Game must be hard.

Fine, we can make it 20% ancient chance Smile Its a super fun event, rewarding plenty of jewels(b/s), definitely not a waste of 10 minutes. As long as u have defence to survive ur level of CC, its very manageable to win it solo. Only char who is hard to win with is vitality RF lol. As a BK u should use strike of destruction to clear mobs from a distance. Just dont hurry and always keep in mind the possibility of wrong mob perceptive position.

I just think game should be hard. About restart, server rly needs it, but with a prior beta test with set plan of changes and settings.

Btw u mentioned gywen bow to be bad, it is the best item alongside with hyon LS to make condor feather. Gywen pend i agree is useless. Apollo staff has its use for asm who wants to maximise his stats, alongside sylion set etc Smile Also those low ancients are absolutely perfect to make seeds, and seeds make a big part of the endgame.
    Currently i played a server where 100% drop rate was in CC 3-6 (CC  x2 times a day) and still nobody has ancient top set like vicious/anubis for 7 months , all this alongside with open Land of Trials 250 people on++, and 2 Kalima Boss available twice a day that had chance to drop even x3 ancient items.
    Bigger % ancient drop is needed if we want Ancient SET alongisde with EXC, either way all will wear only EXC and acient will be used only for 3d wings.

P.S. Anyway thisi is my perosnal opinion. ADMIN should choose which one is better , so we are waiting for answers from ADMIN
    EllisonSouza
    Admin

Post by EllisonSouza Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:54 am

Hi everyone, I'm inclined to open a test room, but for this I have to know what you believe to be the best configuration for the server! I am going to open a new forum to discuss about the test room

and after the tests we thought of some reward for those who really helped us
    johnydepp

Post by johnydepp Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:03 pm

about exp.
    i think dynamic EXP i good as it is right now. Perhaps it can become x1 at 250 but not sooner than 200-250 lvl.
    First of all it gives to the new players an oportunity to match already big lvl players in short amount of time.
    And second : i don't see the reason to kill hardware of PC by letting AFK 24/24. Better less time lvl up and more time for active process of game like hunting bosses, wining events, PVP and so on.
    As i already mentioned : we need more active time playing, more events(ww,BC,DS,CC,Sky event,Ilusion Temple,Maya Nightmare event,Balgass,K7 boss,Erohim that appears 1 in Land of Trials and 1 in Valley of Loren with hour of appeareance displayed for everybody), bigger rewards to be worthy to participate but not only stay afk on spot. Don't forget about quest systemt hat i proposed before - harder quests bigger rewards !( here is just an example :
    Kill 25 Spider in Lorencia [Reward: 3.000.000 Zen]
    Kill 35 Budge Dragon in Lorencia [Reward: 3.000.000 Zen]
    Kill 40 Bull Fighter in Lorencia [Reward: 3 Heart of Love and 1.000.000 Zen]
    Kill 50 Skeleton in Lorencia [Reward: 3 Silver Medal and 1.000.000 Zen]
    Kill 50 Worms in Devias [Reward 3 Silver Medal]
    Kill 225 Death Knights in LostTower7  [Reward: 7 Jewel of Soul]
    Kill 250 Bloody Wolf in Tarkan [Reward: 1 Box of Kundun+1]
    Kill 50 Hydra in Atlans [Reward: 1 Box of Kundun+2]
    Kill 75 Tantallos in Tarkan [Reward: 7 Jewel of Life]
    Kill 5 Golden Wheels [Reward: 3 Box of Kundun+2]
    Kill 3 Golden Budge Dragon [Reward: 1 Box of Kundun+3]
    Kill 65 Queen Rainer in Icarus [Reward: 1 Star of Sacred Birth]
    Kill 50 Mega Crust in Icarus [Reward: 1 Loch's Feather]
    Kill 75 Alpha Crust in Icarus [Reward: 1 Box of Kundun+3]
    Kill 50 Phantom Knight in Icarus [Reward: 1 Box of Kundun+4]
    Kill 50 Red Drakan in Icarus [Reward: 3 Star of Sacred Birth]
    Kill 5 Phoenix of Darkness in Icarus [Reward: 1 Box of Kundun+5]
    Kill 50 Orc Arche in Icarus2 [Reward: 5 Jewel of Creation]
    Kill 60 Spirit Knight in Icarus2 [Reward: 7 Jewel of Life]
    Kill 140 Necron in Kalima6 [Reward: 100 Points] )
    EllisonSouza
    Admin

Post by EllisonSouza Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:32 pm

johnydepp wrote:about exp.
    i think dynamic EXP i good as it is right now. Perhaps it can become x1 at 250 but not sooner than 200-250 lvl.
    First of all it gives to the new players an oportunity to match already big lvl players in short amount of time.
    And second : i don't see the reason to kill hardware of PC by letting AFK 24/24. Better less time lvl up and more time for active process of game like hunting bosses, wining events, PVP and so on.
    As i already mentioned : we need more active time playing, more events(ww,BC,DS,CC,Sky event,Ilusion Temple,Maya Nightmare event,Balgass,K7 boss,Erohim that appears 1 in Land of Trials and 1 in Valley of Loren with hour of appeareance displayed for everybody), bigger rewards to be worthy to participate but not only stay afk on spot. Don't forget about quest systemt hat i proposed before - harder quests bigger rewards !( here is just an example :
    Kill 25 Spider in Lorencia [Reward: 3.000.000 Zen]
    Kill 35 Budge Dragon in Lorencia [Reward: 3.000.000 Zen]
    Kill 40 Bull Fighter in Lorencia [Reward: 3 Heart of Love and 1.000.000 Zen]
    Kill 50 Skeleton in Lorencia [Reward: 3 Silver Medal and 1.000.000 Zen]
    Kill 50 Worms in Devias [Reward 3 Silver Medal]
    Kill 225 Death Knights in LostTower7  [Reward: 7 Jewel of Soul]
    Kill 250 Bloody Wolf in Tarkan [Reward: 1 Box of Kundun+1]
    Kill 50 Hydra in Atlans [Reward: 1 Box of Kundun+2]
    Kill 75 Tantallos in Tarkan [Reward: 7 Jewel of Life]
    Kill 5 Golden Wheels [Reward: 3 Box of Kundun+2]
    Kill 3 Golden Budge Dragon [Reward: 1 Box of Kundun+3]
    Kill 65 Queen Rainer in Icarus [Reward: 1 Star of Sacred Birth]
    Kill 50 Mega Crust in Icarus [Reward: 1 Loch's Feather]
    Kill 75 Alpha Crust in Icarus [Reward: 1 Box of Kundun+3]
    Kill 50 Phantom Knight in Icarus [Reward: 1 Box of Kundun+4]
    Kill 50 Red Drakan in Icarus [Reward: 3 Star of Sacred Birth]
    Kill 5 Phoenix of Darkness in Icarus [Reward: 1 Box of Kundun+5]
    Kill 50 Orc Arche in Icarus2 [Reward: 5 Jewel of Creation]
    Kill 60 Spirit Knight in Icarus2 [Reward: 7 Jewel of Life]
    Kill 140 Necron in Kalima6 [Reward: 100 Points] )

I like the ideas, but it will be hard work, we have to see if this will improve the server ounao, I am willing to make all these changes, let's see if this will attract more players!
    johnydepp

Post by johnydepp Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:35 pm

if we can help somehow, just tell us
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:17 pm

johnydepp wrote:about exp.

I wouldn't agree. I've seen servers, very good non reset servers die, when top players got to max level. Whole communities left to other servers due to lack of progression. Current exp rate is too fast, it doesn't appeal to the old muonline hardcore atmosphere.
    And trust me if you can't afford to 24/7 play, that doesn't mean others can't. And the majority of players who like non reset hardcore payers, love the aspect of a hard korean-style grind.

Maybe it is worth it to have increased exp rate for levels below lvl 100-150. This way they will grow faster into the stage when you can afk and into the stage where the character becomes valuable to the player.

I do agree about the active events, its very important to make them more rewarding than simply staying on bot 24/7. See my post in Events section, it has some good propositions. This way a lvl 200 player who takes part in events/hunts can be richer than a lvl 300 player who only sits afk on spot.

I would also like to bring attention to compatibility of old mu client with webzen global client. Right now you cannot run two at the same time. It used to work together in first oldmu edition 3 years ago. Global mu players are the best potential audience for this style server, this is how i got hooked up, by a post on global mu forum. But i didnt just drop my characters on global and come play oldmu. I played the two at the same time until I was into oldmu more than global...It would be good to work around this incompatibility.

Regards.
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Oh and I also like the quest system proposal by johnydepp, I think it can be very interesting.
    johnydepp

Post by johnydepp Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:17 am

1)Right now - Chaos Castle is locked when only 1 character enters. This restriction should be removed !
    2)I don't like the seed system so i think it shoud be removed (it is not a part of old hardcore mu online).
    Also gemstone drop rate should be increased in kanturu (stronger monsters bigger drop rate gemstone)
    EllisonSouza
    Admin

Post by EllisonSouza Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:45 am

johnydepp wrote:1)Right now - Chaos Castle is locked when only 1 character enters. This restriction should be removed !
    2)I don't like the seed system so i think it shoud be removed (it is not a part of old hardcore mu online).
    Also gemstone drop rate should be increased in kanturu (stronger monsters bigger drop rate gemstone)

1. Has already been changed in the test room to run the event with only 1 player
    2. Let's increase the jewelry drop, but still do not know the amount that will be added and if we will increase of all the jewels!
    maxgun

Post by maxgun Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:23 pm

johnydepp wrote:1)Right now - Chaos Castle is locked when only 1 character enters. This restriction should be removed !

personally I like the original season 5 seed system..... raklion/lacleon is the end game map and stronger mobs of the entire game.... and socket items can be nice if we use the original feature mono-duo-tri spheres, sets max3 socket, 1 hand weapons/shiend +3socket and 2 hand weapons+5socket....and seeds original restrictions, you cant repeat same seed on a item and you cant put more than 2 same type element seed per item.... for some chars could be nice.... for other chars exe items are the best (exe items has the best dd % in the entire game) and other ancients could be the best option...... i have no problems with original lvl 380 socket items and seed system as a endgame feature ..... by other hand seeds are very hard to create because you need alot of exe and ancient materials, socket items are soo dificult to get (lower % in chaos machine) and very low % drop in lacleon to get items+3socket (almost exclusive selupans drops)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:48 am